Engaging and arousing response in students
1 Arousing interest / curiosity
- friendly demeanor
- attractive, appropriate dress
- attention-getting gimmick- NB should be related to topic for future use.
This can be a joke, puzzle, exhibit
Fun and variety essential!
- Use your gimmick
- Introduce topic in a way that relates to students' life experience.
- Get kids talking.
Ask questions designed to get their take on the life experience introduced, leading to the message of the day
Make room for student comment and response en route.
4 Student Response
- NB If you did it last week, it's bad today!
- Open ending -What should Freddy do? or What would be the result of his decision? Is this a good outcome? could he have done better? (one question, not all of these!)
- Spontaneous student dramatisations - the story, real life action demonstrating the point
- Written response - illustration, poem, comments.
- What would Jesus say / do? Accept student suggestions. Produce a Biblical example.
- ifobfjo ifgiobj fgiobj fgiobjgfio
- ui dfudv huidfhviudf hviduf